The Guidelines | Reporting Requirements
To ensure proper execution of funded programs, the New Balance Foundation requires timely reporting. We request a narrative and financial report 60 days from the completion of the grant period, which is typically twelve months from the receipt of the grant check. The report is required before additional requests for funding can be considered.
All grant recipients should provide an annual report. An interim report is required by all organizations receiving a grant of with a minimum of $25,000. Annual payments are contingent upon receipt of yearly progress reports.
The year-end report
should address the following:
- List the original goals and objectives of the grant, and explain how they were met during the reporting period.
- Describe the impact this grant has had on your community and on the population you serve. List qualitative and quantitative outcomes as outlined in your original grant request:
- Number of individuals served
- Attendance and retention
- Health and academic outcomes
- Any other data that demonstrates impact
- In what ways did the actual project vary from your initial plans? Describe how and why. Describe any unanticipated benefits or challenges you encountered.
- Describe how collaborative/cooperative efforts with individuals and organizations involved in planning, implementing, funding and/or evaluating this project/grant affected outcomes.
- How was New Balance Foundation recognized for its contribution?
- Has your organization used the Boston Children's Hospital Fit Kit? If so, please specify how it's being used and provide feedback.
- Lessons Learned
- What are the most important outcomes and lessons learned from this project?
- Would you do anything differently? If yes, please explain.
- Future Plans
- What is your vision for this project over the next couple of years? Include plans and rationale for ongoing funding, expansion, replication or termination.
- Provide a “human interest story” that helps explain the success of the project.
- Attach any printed material relating to the funded project: press, letters of support, photographs, video, etc.
Clearly designate the New Balance Foundation amount and detail how these funds were spent. Provide revenues and expenses for the full project.
An interim report is required for grant amounts of $25,000 and larger. Interim reports are due in conjunction with your organization’s next grant request. Please detail how your initiative is tracking and outline any key successes or challenges.
Please mail one copy of the report to:
New Balance Athletics, Inc.
New Balance Foundation
100 Guest Street
Boston , MA 02135