The Guidelines | Eligibility
New Balance Foundation charitable giving is limited to 501 (C)(3) non-profit organizations.
Consideration is given to organizations and pursuits which complement the funding priority areas outlined in the Grant Focus section and meet the following criteria:
- Proposals must address one or more of our focus program areas.
- Proposal must serve one or more of our 5 communities.
- Each organization is limited to one donation request per year.
- Petitioning organizations should have proven continuity; effective leadership and administration; demonstrated fund-raising ability; proven collaborative relationships and active, diverse boards.
- Proposals must follow our detailed Application Process.
- In general, we support specific programs rather than contribute to overall operating expenses.
Funding is not considered for the following:
- Political parties
- Individual pursuits
- Capital campaigns
- Fundraising dinners & galas
- Team sponsorships or sporting events
- Film or television underwriting
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or national origin
Note: The New Balance Foundation recognizes the great needs in our area. We take our commitment to community very seriously, and would like to fulfill all the requests we receive. Unfortunately, we receive many more appeals for support than we are able to satisfy with our available funds. Therefore, while requests for contributions may match the Foundation guidelines, appropriation should not automatically be assumed.